(View Animation Clip)
The requirements of newer electronic parts
have caused PCBs to evolve and demand
improved manufacturing methods. One important
requirement is high-density mounting. HASL
exhibits poor thickness distribution and cannot
meet the needs of high-density mounting.
The recent emphasis on environmentally safer
products has also advanced the cause of eliminating
lead. OSP’s formulations are not capable of preventing
copper oxidation, under the higher-temperature
assembly conditions associated with lead-free.
Uyemura's RGA Immersion Silver was developed to
meet those challenges.
- Immersion silver is a simple process, with
silver directly displacing copper in an immersion
reaction. RGA-14 is a high productivity process.
- The RGA Immersion Silver process is compatible
with horizontal conveyorized equipment.
- The RGA Immersion Silver deposit is uniform
and meets thickness distribution criteria.
- Excellent shelf life with proper packaging and
- Ideal soldering surface under eutectic and
lead-free assembly temperatures.
- The Immersion Silver plating bath is
very stable because the reaction is
- The RGA-14 bath does not decompose
with UV light.
- Because it is a low temperature process,
RGA-14 does not attack the substrate or
- The immersion silver deposits only on copper,
and not on other areas (such as can be seen
with auto-catalytic baths).
Order Mug | Uyemura Website | Contact